Dreamcast Phantasy Star Online

I've seen this game at bargain prices, and I know it's the free RPG, but I have wondered--are the servers even still up? Can you actually play Phantasy Star Online ver1 for the Dreamcast, or has it been shut down?

The servers proper have been shut down, but you can play on the unofficial Scthack sever if you have a Codebreaker for the DC. However, I would recommend you get ver2 instead, there are a lot of improvements in that version and I believe there are more people playing it online as well.

Ive got both Ver 1 and 2 for DC, 2'sgot Dreamkey 3 with it. I dont play them now as ive got ep1&2 for cube but if u can still get on or just want to play ver2 offline id sell it. The main servers are now down but as someone else said there are some servers still run via a different sevice. check www.ragol.co.uk forums they can probably tell you where and how to get online with the DC. would recommend getting ver 2 though speed, graphics and stuff is a lot better.

slight improvment, the shadows looked more like shadows then black blobs and the levels and enemies were generally smoother.

errm fraid not but search the net you might come up with something, the differences aren't greatly affective but another bonus is that the 2nd ver had more offline quests added and some new costumes for each of the characters.

Back