USB dev cart project

I updated the cartridge firmware to take advantage of DMA when transferring data to the Saturn. When uploading to workram-L, the speed increased from about 320KB/s to 430KB/s, and when uploading to workram-H the speed increased from about 370KB/s to 590KB/s. I also added a "run" command to the ftx tool, which calls the specified address without having to upload anything.

The code is available on GitHub.

antime said:
I updated the cartridge firmware to take advantage of DMA when transferring data to the Saturn. When uploading to workram-L, the speed increased from about 320KB/s to 430KB/s, and when uploading to workram-H the speed increased from about 370KB/s to 590KB/s. I also added a "run" command to the ftx tool, which calls the specified address without having to upload anything.

great  job antime ! :cool:

antime said:

An update nearly 3 years after initial release oO Thank you antime !

USB dev cart is now something like 25 times faster than Action Replay ! :banana:

I was bored... In practice the difference isn't really noticeable, since the uploaded files are so small.

antime said:
I was bored... In practice the difference isn't really noticeable, since the uploaded files are so small.

Yes, it's something like filling both hram and lram takes something like 5 seconds instead of 6 seconds ... but :D

Edit : I prepared your new firmware for my USB dev cart :) I plan to use it next week or so.

Oops, I forgot to reply to this thread :

[11:24:26:458]21>Transfer Time = 1060 msec(s) (737060 bytes).
[11:24:26:462]21>Average transmission speed = 695.339623 KB/s

(420 KB/s with non-DMA transfer code)

Speed difference isn't really noticeable, but good job anyway :]

Ow, how embarrassing.

I have that habit of looking for the LICENSE file and not looking at the source files.

Thanks.

Using FT D2XX library, would there be any reason as to why reading intermittently blocks despite setting the RX timeout to a low value?

I set the USB in/out payloads to the same values as in antime's tool.

Any guesses?

just dumb question, what's the way to get game saves with the usb dev cart ? i did that with old tool and my isa card and maybe it was possible with the usb data link.

From command line :
USB Data Link : SatLink.exe usb_data_link.ini -bs test.bin
USB dev cart : SatLink.exe usb_dev_cart.ini -bs test.bin

From GUI :
Select which device to open (USB Data Link or USB dev cart) in tool bar -> "Open" menu, then click "Receive Backup Memory" in tool bar -> "Receive" menu.

From command line :
USB Data Link : SatLink.exe usb_data_link.ini -bs test.bin
USB dev cart : SatLink.exe usb_dev_cart.ini -bs test.bin

From GUI :
Select which device to open (USB Data Link or USB dev cart) in tool bar -> "Open" menu, then click "Receive Backup Memory" in tool bar -> "Receive" menu.
nice but is there something better ? i mean you choose the game save you want to get :)

nice but is there something better ? i mean you choose the game save you want to get :)

Something like in yabause's save manager ? No, sorry.
The only way to do this is to use both SatLink and ss-save-parser tools ...

I can add such feature to SatLink, but I would like to know how many people are interested in such feature before coding it.

Hi all,

Just posting that I've been working on a case for cafe-alpha's USB dev cart. This was specifically made for version 3.2 of the USB Dev Cart but it also works for revision 2f and probably other revisions. Here's some pictures:

y4mQLSPwkLi7L72jDYNRKErDbq7o2mufPEQ1aQZtiRvhkowgmksXZ_LfXUYM5u-nAHYzuj3caKsDMHOM6hTERi9tc0_kheFjOvknfJyooS0UKFrpoO3fOSGFOHvGM97Oqk4fXXgei83Tkv1PZsLodeo-VoJpz58zAT3cbWubIHEHQV5AVAOEK-wa8sqP_yQ2NmZQs8M4xz5zwmT6pRRvb6cPg

y4mMVf-YYNmnHHlwjqpLv2PlXhgZ9GkzXj1Y5i5BFKI8KTYyWFeAfI_IWSQHbdE6GNv-v6RDUqMiqoYfdrvvxDv7LXei0diwHCpJGfrKVjCwZUiaUpxNfyYSYbLJlZci4N1PmHCS_YNDn7xrrVMyFvPE2fKyXO5J3Xjr4m0SaoV7xxUYHNefmih1t1PQJDks1b1yYwxcsFDgmK0yNLmAx-tfg

y4mA7Lg9SuwwCy4syGbLg7fTa6GNuOkl_JVq_gBFBwhDfzZTMn2u5wj2C-ksP1BXFqT5l7qeo78XJZcCENzFfhwpl4QPEXh_-7I_BfYe4RRf1_b2gZHih1P1X8278It0DXqh3_KkaWl1hPzQ7ATNNoZjDhYfLCMDk5DJ18ak3e1JK_wXmHsmGS-udfusUEXJoIU_KOVot1qumgEzLnWvuVmAA

y4mpg5tUWnAMHNz3n8OLZhV5pp_XHiXOtdVzXG7Uegx2VVmhTQRyLA3uEJ_tA-9cEkN0nLzx6N0puS5mferPrkoljctnSNYAZ8_79QYpFNIAgXayEHoqVnpSZJss00Kneg39B8jDGQ6zJjWrZjXZgSccWnSTRLdQM9oUgHGxaF-IcVBFPZT5K9AE5PKpwMtax645ZNmRZyKMEdkxtqzIWt9ew

I will be posting on thingiverse at some point.

Enjoys. ^_^

Some people may wonder why the case has such weird "square" shape : it's because the PCB for my "USB & Gamer's Cartridge" is larger than other cartridges : 100mm x 100mm, vs 100mm x 77mm usually.

I plan to re-design the PCB for "USB & Gamer's Cartridge" so that it can fit in Action Replay case. Priority for this re-design job is relatively low, but this will be done someday :)

Hi all,

Just posting that I've been working on a case for cafe-alpha's USB dev cart. This was specifically made for version 3.2 of the USB Dev Cart but it also works for revision 2f and probably other revisions. Here's some pictures:

y4mQLSPwkLi7L72jDYNRKErDbq7o2mufPEQ1aQZtiRvhkowgmksXZ_LfXUYM5u-nAHYzuj3caKsDMHOM6hTERi9tc0_kheFjOvknfJyooS0UKFrpoO3fOSGFOHvGM97Oqk4fXXgei83Tkv1PZsLodeo-VoJpz58zAT3cbWubIHEHQV5AVAOEK-wa8sqP_yQ2NmZQs8M4xz5zwmT6pRRvb6cPg

y4mMVf-YYNmnHHlwjqpLv2PlXhgZ9GkzXj1Y5i5BFKI8KTYyWFeAfI_IWSQHbdE6GNv-v6RDUqMiqoYfdrvvxDv7LXei0diwHCpJGfrKVjCwZUiaUpxNfyYSYbLJlZci4N1PmHCS_YNDn7xrrVMyFvPE2fKyXO5J3Xjr4m0SaoV7xxUYHNefmih1t1PQJDks1b1yYwxcsFDgmK0yNLmAx-tfg

y4mA7Lg9SuwwCy4syGbLg7fTa6GNuOkl_JVq_gBFBwhDfzZTMn2u5wj2C-ksP1BXFqT5l7qeo78XJZcCENzFfhwpl4QPEXh_-7I_BfYe4RRf1_b2gZHih1P1X8278It0DXqh3_KkaWl1hPzQ7ATNNoZjDhYfLCMDk5DJ18ak3e1JK_wXmHsmGS-udfusUEXJoIU_KOVot1qumgEzLnWvuVmAA

y4mpg5tUWnAMHNz3n8OLZhV5pp_XHiXOtdVzXG7Uegx2VVmhTQRyLA3uEJ_tA-9cEkN0nLzx6N0puS5mferPrkoljctnSNYAZ8_79QYpFNIAgXayEHoqVnpSZJss00Kneg39B8jDGQ6zJjWrZjXZgSccWnSTRLdQM9oUgHGxaF-IcVBFPZT5K9AE5PKpwMtax645ZNmRZyKMEdkxtqzIWt9ew

I will be posting on thingiverse at some point.

Enjoys. ^_^
While your doing all this 3d printing, do you think you could do me a huge favor and 3d print me a 3d printer so I can join in on the fun? XD. If only it worked that way hahaha, keep up the awesome work though!

Back