Fantasy Zone

Im converting Fantasy Zone (SMS version) to the Saturn in semi 3d. The ship is done (with Wings animations) and so is the first boss. I'll post some first screens later today..

Ok I've done 2 more enemies and fixed a boss morph screen, the boss now

really is battled on a different colour screen and it fades in just like in the original :D

Okay let me tell you how this was done.

I am using the Saturn Shoot em up maker 'Dezaemon 2' for a base,

next Im using MEKA (The SMS emu) and make grabs of the enemy sprites.

I use Irfanview (a handy image resizing program) to balloon the sprites to

about the size of my pc screen and next I rebuild the sprites, PIXEL for PIXEL (seriously) and it works and is quite fast too :D

I use multiple grabs for animated enemies and insert the second/third etc frame into deza. That way I have in-game animation. (See Opa Opa's wings and the yellow enemies)

Not everything is correct yet (the background detail is yet to come and some more enemies for the first stage as well as some boss logic that has to be added) but it sure look good (Well imo anyway :blush: )

Check out THIS FILE and check out

what I created in !2 days time! (about 6 hours real time work)

URGGHH Im an idiot..it was a RAR instead of a ZIP. Fixed now.

Work in progress pics :)

wip.jpg

wip2.jpg

Ah, I see. You're just creating a Dezaemon2 game.

Do you have any plans on how you're gonna make the saved game public? You'll have to transfer it from your Saturn's RAM to the PC. Does it fit in the internal RAM at all?

If you can get the same, you can use the Slinga's Save Game Copier and build an ISO with it, so people can copy the save onto their Saturns.

Yeah Im planning that. I have an action replay..but as it doesn't allow direct save dunno how I will manage this.. any help on getting the save (which is my sega memory card) to public would be appreciated..maybe the Saturn floppy disc drive could help..

Im updating this game today. Oh and someone answer me this;

If I would obtain a floppy disc drive (Help me finding one please! ;) ) and I'd simply save it on a floppy and copy it to pc and thus spreading. How (and does) would that work? What would be the easiest (if any) way to get this game on multiple memory cards? If I had a floppy disc drive I could load it from floppy and save it to memory card no? I'd buy 50 memory cards, letting someone print some neat stickers and we're off! :cool:

Oh and last question, anybody interested for a price of -say- $20? (For an official SEGA memory card with save. (card probably JAP but they are universal anyway).

I don't think Dezaemon2 will let you split the game in multiple saves. The saves will hardly fit the internal RAM, but they should fit in a memory cartrigde (I think the standard ones have 4MBs of memory - around 8000 blocks). If the game is getting bigger than that, then you're overdoing it.

Huh? I know that I need memory card :p

Read it again, im trying to copy it to a memory card, just a lot of times. ;)

I did some background stuff yesterday..starting to look very cool..

this is a zoomed image from the original SMS version..

Attachments

• fzp4.jpg
    fzp4.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 80
  • fzp4.jpg
    fzp4.jpg
    204.8 KB · Views: 94
If you have a netlink try writing a program to copy the save to saturn RAM (real RAM, not backup RAM). Then have your program break up the save file in chunks, and copy it to your internal RAM. From there copy it to your pc. Keep repeating until you have the entire file. Then just merge the file together on your pc. Should work...

I think another option would be to use a 4in1 with a Comm Card. You probably have to redo your save though.

Wait... you've been working on this games for months... and can't save it? This means your Saturn has been running all this time?

Dude, that's insane! I'd never even start the project before securing a way for saving it. Good luck.

Hmm I can buy Gaijin Punch's FDD but I don't have money at moment because I just bought a SEGA pinball machine. Does that memory card allow direct save?

Back